What to Expect at Convention
CAGOP Training Convention: Train. Campaign. Win.
September 6 – 8, 2019. Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
While California Republican Party conventions are first and foremost a business meeting of the state Party, they are also a chance to reconnect with friends and activists from around the state, talk with your Republican elected officials, learn new skills, and hear from inspiring speakers. The theme of the Fall 2019 Convention is Train. Campaign. Win. This convention will give Republicans throughout California the tools needed to win in 2020! Here are some tips for making the most of your convention experience. This convention will have an unprecedented number of training opportunities for you.
Before you get to the Convention
- Register for the convention online
- Reserve your hotel room at the Renaissance Indian wells Resort & Spa
- Visit the program page on the CAGOP’s convention website to view the agenda for the weekend. Continue to visit the program page as we get closer to the convention for updates.
- Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) is approximately 15 miles (about a 30 minute drive) from the hotel. Please note that Southwest Airlines currently DOES NOT fly into Palm Springs International Airport.
- Ontario International Airport (ONT) is approximately 85 miles (about a 1 hour, 30 minute drive) from the hotel. While this option is further from the hotel, Southwest Airlines offers many flights from Northern California airports into Ontario.
- The Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa is within just a few hours from most Southern California cities. The hotel offers both valet and self-parking options. The cost of self-parking is included in the CRP’s special hotel rate for the convention.
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa
44400 Indian Wells Lane
Indian Wells, California 92210 USA
Location and Attire
The Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa is located in Indian Wells, CA, near Palm Springs. September in the desert will be warm, however meetings will all take place indoors in the air-conditioned meeting space. Attire during the day is resort business casual. If you plan to attend any banquet functions or evening receptions, feel free to get more dressed up!
What to do at the Convention
- Visit the Registration Desk – Your first stop will be at the convention registration desk, located in the East Alcove. If you have registered for the convention online, have your photo ID ready, go to the desk that matches the first letter of your last name, and the registration team will have your credentials for the weekend ready for you. Forgot to register online? Our registration team can help you register for the convention onsite. You must wear your credentials in all areas of the convention.
- Review the program – Take a look at the program for the weekend and plan what you would like to attend. There will be several training opportunities throughout the weekend as well as CRP Committee meetings, volunteer organization meetings, and banquets where you will have the opportunity to listen to fantastic speakers (banquet tickets can be purchased online and are in addition to the cost of convention registration). We have a new and improved CAGOP app coming soon, upon which you can view the agenda and read more about featured speakers and workshops. You will not be able to attend every single session so plan your convention weekend carefully. If you look at the trainings on the agenda, they will include a description of what audiences will benefit the most from specific trainings.
- Visit the exhibitors – Jewelry vendors, advocacy groups, mail production shops and more are ready for our attendees to visit their booths! Visit our exhibitors starting Friday afternoon through Sunday morning.
- Friday Welcome Reception & Saturday Speaker Series – Included in the price of registration are our Friday Welcome Reception and the Saturday Speaker Series. Celebrate your arrival to the desert with a drink and some snacks at the Friday Welcome Reception. This is a great opportunity to say hello to your fellow convention attendees in a fun, relaxed environment. Our Saturday Speaker Series will take place on Saturday afternoon and we will have some fantastic speakers there that you will not want to miss!
- Banquets and VIP Receptions – Tickets to banquets and VIP receptions can be purchased when you register online or you can purchase them at the registration desk onsite at the convention (tickets are based upon availability and may sell out before arriving onsite). At the banquet events throughout the weekend, you will enjoy an excellent meal and hear from exciting speakers. VIP receptions take place prior to the banquet events and include a photo with the featured speaker for that event. Please note, the purchase of a VIP reception ticket does not include a ticket to the banquet. Each ticket must be purchased separately. If you don’t plan to attend the banquets, there are several dining options available in the hotel and in the Indian Wells area.
- General Session - Sunday morning, General Session is the final, most important, event of the convention. At General Session, CRP Delegates sit in assigned seating by their county, while Associate Delegates and guests sit in marked areas. Please bring your photo ID to the General Session. Committee reports are voted on, Delegates hear reports from the Party’s officers, and other business of the party is discussed. As has become our custom, we will be using electronic voting for convention. When the gavel comes down at the end of General Session, convention is over…until we see you next time!
Need more information? The CAGOP Convention Team is here to help. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org