- She is fabricating court documents to malign her opponents
- She lies about her arrest record which includes a DUI and drug offense
- Hiding from Letters to the Editor where voters in her district say things like:
- “We now have a new low for ethics in local political campaigns.” – Gary Joralemon
- “Our troops and veterans need leaders who will keep their best interests in mind, and Dawn Ortiz-Legg, a candidate for the California Assembly, has made it clear that she will not be that leader.” – Phyllis Stout
- “I was surprised that fliers were being passed out locally from candidate Dawn Ortiz-Legg’s campaign saying she was ‘the choice of classroom teachers.’… In fact, Jordan Cunningham has the official endorsement of CTA for Assembly District 35, not Ortiz-Legg. So who are these teachers cited?” – Andrew Cherry
Dawn Ortiz-Legg has proven that she is only interested in getting elected and is willing to lie about herself and others to pave the way.