The California Republican Party wants to repeal SB1 (gas tax increase). There are currently two committees working to qualify repeal initiatives and below is information on both:
Give Voters a Voice Campaign
- Supported by Howard Jarvis Taxpayers Association, Congressman Kevin McCarthy, Congresswoman Mimi Walters, Carl DeMaio, and John Cox.
- Amends the Constitution to require voter approval for any future car or gas tax increases.
- Repeals SB1 by bringing all gas or car taxes that have increased after January 1st, 2017 to a vote by the electorate.
- If you want more information about Give Voters a Voice Campaign or to download the petition, please visit https://www.givevotersavoice.com/
Repeal the Gas Tax Ballot Measure Committee
- Supported by Assemblymember Travis Allen.
- Repeal the Gas Tax Ballot Measure Committee repeals SB1.
- For more information about the Repeal the Gas Tax Ballot Measure Committee, please visit https://nocagastax.com/
Please note the California Republican Party does not consider endorsements for initiatives until it qualifies. This page is for information purposes and at this time the Party does not support a specific initiative.